The Medical Marijuana Use Registry Step by Step Process
Applying for the card isn't easy!
But we've done it hundreds of times, know how to do it correctly, know the challenges, and are experts at fixing application issues.
When you are ready
During your doctor's appointment, assuming the doctor approves you, they will enter you into the office of medical marijuana system (https://mmuregistry.flhealth.gov/). Once they do that, you'll receive to emails.
- An email that has your username. The username is actually your email address.
- An email that has your temporary password, a random 10 digit password.
What you need
In order to apply, you'll need
- The 2 emails generated by the doctor but coming from:MedicalMarijuanaUse@FLHealth.gov
- Proof of residence.
- Method of a payment for the annual state fee
As mentioned above, you'll receive 2 emails.
Click through the link on one of the emails which will bring you to: https://mmuregistry.flhealth.gov/
1. Log In
Log in using the system generated password
- On the mmuregsitry site, go to LOGIN
- For the username, enter your email address (that you gave the Doctor)
- For the password, use the random 10 digit password in the email that you received.
Change your password
- Use the same random password as your "current password"
- Create a new password that contains at least 10 digits and includes a capital, lower case, number and symbol.
- Enter the same new password
2. Check your information
Go to "Your Card
Make sure all of this info is correct.
- Your address
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your county
The have to be exactly correct and match your proof of residency. If there are any issues, ask your doctor to update.
Most rejections that we see are because of data issues where they are incorrect or don't match your DL or ID
If you have a FL drivers license, the picture should be brought in directly. Check to make sure it's ok. (If you have an active Florida driver's license and the picture is not automatically generated, there is probably something wrong with the data entered by the doctor. It could be the DOB or SSN, which you can't see from your view)
If you need to upload a photo. It should be a typical 2z2 passport photo. Make sure you can see the top of the head to the shoulders clearly. nothing on your head.
We've seen patients pay for a passport photo from a local pharmacy and take a picture against the wall using "square format" on an iphone.
Take it against the wall using square on iphone
4. Prove Residency
If you have a Florida drivers license or Florida state ID, upload a picture of it. You can do this by either taking a picture of the ID and then uploading it, or using the state's website to just take the picture of it directly (assuming you are using a phone or tablet with a camera).
- Make sure your photo and address are clear, and that the address matches your contact info entered by the doctor above. Note: We have seen people get rejected for having an expired ID
If you don't have a Florida drivers license or Florida state ID, you can prove your residency by uploading 2 of the below documents.:
- A deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental or lease agreement.
- One proof of residential address from the seasonal resident’s parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom the seasonal resident resides and a statement from the person with whom the seasonal resident resides stating that the seasonal resident does reside with him or her.
- A utility hookup or work order dated within 60 days before registration in the medical use registry.
- A utility bill, not more than 2 months old.
- Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statements, not more than 2 months old.
- Mail from a federal, state, county, or municipal government agency, not more than 2 months old.
- Car registration
Make sure the photos are of an 8.5x11 of the first page that includes the vendor/company, the address, your full name and the date of the time period
5. Sign the online registration
You skip the payment and sign before paying. You'll notice that there isn't even a spot to pay without signing first.
Type your first and last name. Make sure it matches the exact spelling of your name as entered in the system above.
Read the disclaimer and submit.
6. Pay the State
After signing, a green button will appear above in the payment section. Click it to go the state payment section.
Most people toggle to the credit card/debit card option. It's not entirely clear at first because it defaults to entering your checking account info. Enter your card info and follow the instructions.
Go back to the state registry system and confirm that you have "exclamation points" that show the registration is processing!